Travel with us on Your Key to Burgundy Escorted Journeys…
Those traveling on YK2B Escorted Journeys want more than just a trip. They want to learn, to explore, and to understand. In this spirit, every one of our guided excursions includes the following components:
- Subject matter specialists: Meet and travel with chefs, artists, historians, and – of course! – wine specialists, who will share their experience and engage your curiosity.
- Small group experiences: Leave the crowds behind and travel with four to ten others who share your interests.
- Destinations that tell a story: Visit the unique, the culturally rich, and the out-of-the way places that tourists would never find.
- Exclusive access: Experience behind-the-scenes visits to sites and join informal gatherings with locals.
- Pre-excursion preparation: Enjoy an extended relationship in which YK2B offers routine advance planning information, as well as interesting videos and information to help you make the most of your time in Burgundy.
And, in addition to Your Key to Burgundy’s publicly-offered excursions, we can custom-design one just for your group, focused on your specific interests. Contact us to learn about how we can work with you to create your once-in-a-lifetime experience in one of the world’s newest UNESCO World Heritage Sites!
Click HERE to read what our previous guests have to say about their experiences with us.
Our 2019 Excursions and Events…
Here are some of the exciting opportunities to travel with us in 2019:
- “On the Trail of the Great White Wines of Burgundy” – All new for 2019, a 10-night journey – June 10 to 23 – through all five of Burgundy’s legendary wine-growing regions, from Chablis in the north, to the Mâconnais in the south.
- “Joie de Vivre: Life, Laughter, and the French Paradox” – Each year, we are pleased to offer a guided excursion designed just for women. We are pleased to announce our 3rd annual “Women in Burgundy” excursion, to take place October 9 to 19.
- “Burgundy and….” – Following the success of our “Burgundy and Bubbles” excursion to Burgundy and Champagne (2017), and “Rivers and Hillsides” in Burgundy and the Rhone Valley (2018), stay tuned for our newest “pairing.” We are thinking of include Alsace, Provence, or the Loire Valley. We can also work with you and your private group of four to six guests to design a “pairing” adventure, just for you!
- Themed Excursion “Menu” – We are continuing to develop wonderful partnerships with artists, historians, educators, and other professionals, in many disciplines. Come to us with your group of four to six travelers, and we will custom-design a themed excursion, just for you!
Remember, that with the exception of our independent excursion packages, all Your Key to Burgundy excursions are privately guided and chauffeured, providing exclusive, highly-personalized service. Concierge services of Your Key to Burgundy are included in all packages to assist you to plan additional aspects of your trip. Excursions do not include airfare. Contact us for complete itinerary information.
Send us a note if you would like to be among the first to receive information about exciting events and opportunities to travel with Your Key to Burgundy.
On the Trail of the Great White Wines of Burgundy
June 13 to 23, 2019 – Limited to six guests
Eight nights in Burgundy, plus two “bonus nights” in a 4-star hotel in Central Paris.
$5,290 per guest, double occupancy
Join us as we discover the legendary white wines (and of course some luscious reds!) of the world’s most famous wine region.
As we taste our way along the “Route des Grands Crus,” we will also explore the cultural richness of the region, including wine history dating back more than 2,000 years. Visits to towns, villages, abbeys, and other historic sites will reveal the story of how Burgundy came to be the most famous wine-growing region in the world!
This excursion is ideal for wine lovers and history lovers, alike!
Select From an Extensive Menu of Cultural Themes
Designed and Scheduled for Your Group of Four or More Travelers
Offering an array of artistic, cultural, and professional themes from which to choose, with pricing based on length of trip and amenities selected
Would you and a group of friends love to plan a trip to France, focused on a particular theme such as history, architecture, regional cuisine, or music? How about a “learning vacation” where you develop your writing, painting, cooking, or language skills? Would your professional group relish learning about the French system of education, healthcare, or government? Thanks to our vast and growing network of partners, we can custom-design your own, personal experience of a lifetime!
Need some suggestions for how to shape your interests into a special experience? Check out our “Menu” of potential themes, or come to us with your own ideas.
Live Like a Local in Pommard
Various weeks available throughout the year
An independent excursion starting at just $2,900 for two guests.
Spend the week of your choice experiencing the rhythm of life in one of the most famous wine villages in Burgundy. Get to know the Côte-d’Or while staying in your “home away from home!”
Especially designed for travelers who value independence and flexibility, this package can be arranged for the time of year that works best for you. Winter, spring, summer, or fall – there is always something special to discover in Burgundy. Simply select the time of year and your preferred dates, and it will be our pleasure to work with you to customize your experience as we make all the arrangements.
This can be an ideal experience for families with children!
“Life, Laughter, and the French Paradox”
10 Nights – October 9 to 19, 2019
$4,550 per guest, limited to six guests.
Seven nights in Pommard, plus three nights in Paris.
The joy of living! That is the theme of our 3rd annual YK2B excursion, designed just for women. Carolyn and up to six “wander-ful” women will experience the best of Burgundy as they participate in the vibrancy of village life. Focusing on food, fun, and friendship (and of course, wine!), we will explore the French paradox as we shop at local markets, visit inspiring sites, walk in the golden vineyards of autumn, and meet passionate winemakers, chefs, and business owners who share a zest for life. Includes an arrival night in Paris to help you to ease in to your adventure!
This excursion is ideal for solo travelers, as this experience is all about self-rejuvenation and making new friends!