“Five Facets of Burgundy”
9 Nights – November 7 to 16, 2019
Price per guest: $5,290 per guest (double occupancy) – Limited to 6 Guests
Who thinks of traveling in Burgundy in November? We do! The harvest is complete, and a crisp autumn feeling in the air stimulates our appetites for all of those luscious Burgundian culinary delights. And – best of all – with the growing season complete, our wine-making friends in the region now have more time to spend with us and our guests.
With the historic town of Beaune as home base, our journey will take us to five of Burgundy’s most celebrated wine-growing sub-regions. As we taste our way through Chablis in the north, the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune in the famous Côte d’Or, and the Chalonnaise and Mâconnais regions a bit farther south, we will also trace the history of wine-making in Burgundy. Our visits to villages, towns, and historic sites will reveal the story of wine-growing in the region that spans more than 2000 years.
Here is a taste of what you will experience…
– On the day of your arrival, Carolyn and Ken will meet you in Paris at the 4-star Hotel Opera Cadet, where you will spend the afternoon and evening relaxing and recovering from your long flight.
– The next morning, we will be driven to Beaune by way of the vineyards and town of Chablis for a visit with a notorious winemaker – the 1st “facet” of your tour of Burgundy.
– By early late afternoon we will arrive in Beaune, where you will settle into the Hotel de la Paix, a boutique hotel offering the best of charm, history, and location, combined with completely modern amenities.
– Ease into each day with a sumptuous breakfast buffet, complete with eggs, meats, local cheeses, and house-made jams and breads.
– Spend a day each in the Cotes de Nuits, Cotes de Beaune, as well as the Chalonnaise and Mâconnais regions a bit farther south – tasting as we go, both at small, family-owned vineyards and larger domains, and also exploring the rich history of each area.
– Experience the delights of your “home town” of Beaune, including the Saturday market, quaint boutiques, renowned museums, and numerous cafes and restaurants.
– Savor local culinary specialties at restaurants ranging from small family-owned gems to Michelin-starred destinations, wine included.
– Be treated like family, as Carolyn and Ken host you for a dinner at their home in the famous wine village of Pommard, paired with wines from their personal cellar.
– Relax in comfort as our driver returns you to Paris at the conclusion of our time together in Burgundy, where you will spend one additional night at the Hotel Opera Cadet. The perfect way to top off your stay in La Belle France!
Includes ground transportation from and to Paris and throughout the excursion, deluxe lodging, most meals, numerous domaine and sightseeing visits, and the expert cultural guidance of Your Key to Burgundy to accompany you throughout your experience and to help you plan additional aspects of your trip. Plus, the intimacy and attention that only a small-group experience can provide!
Ask us about our 3-night Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction Weekend add-on!
Please get in touch with us to receive a full itinerary of the delights we and our guests will experience!