Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction – An Unparalleled Adventure for Wine Lovers
Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at the 159th edition of the famous charity wine auction in Beaune during the most festive time of the year!
Monday, November 11 to Tuesday, November 19 (8 nights) – $10,500 per couple (double occupancy) – Limited to three couples
Reserve your space by April 15, 2019, and enjoy an additional night in Paris, on us!
Presenting a wine lover’s dream come true: A rare opportunity to experience Burgundy’s wine, food, history, and culture during “Les Trois Glorieuses,” the most famous wine auction in the world that takes place each year in Beaune over the 3rd weekend in November. With Carolyn and Ken as your personal guides, you will explore the Cote d’Or during the most festive weekend of the Burgundy year!
While airfare is not included, all of the following IS included:
To prepare you for your adventure:
- Guidance of Your Key to Burgundy to assist you with planning additional aspects of your trip (i.e. help with selecting flights, recommendations and reservations for any extensions you might wish to make to your trip)
- Relax into your adventure, as you spend your arrival night (November 11) at the 4-star Hotel Opera Cadet – a boutique hotel on one of the most authentic market streets in Paris, with a full buffet breakfast included – perfect for recovering from jet lag and the fatigue of your long flight.
- Following a leisurely breakfast to help you ease into the day, Our Private YK2B driver will meet you at your hotel, mid-morning on Tuesday, November 12, to bring you down to Beaune in the heart of Burgundy’s Cote d’Or, where Carolyn and Ken will be on hand to greet you.
- You will settle in for your six-night stay in your luxury studio apartment at La Maison des Courtines, a boutique hotel residence located in the historic center of Beaune, that combines the charm of an 18th-century mansion with contemporary comfort and style – located near all of the best that this famous wine town has to offer: Restaurants, museums, boutiques, wine shops, and also just steps away from where the wine auction celebrations will take place.
- And, the fridge in your studio will already be stocked with food items you have pre-selected.
- Two days of touring and tasting throughout the Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits with a private driver and Carolyn and Ken as your guides, providing personal introductions to some of their favorite winemakers.
- And, if you decide to buy wine to ship home, Carolyn and Ken will take care of all the arrangements for you!
- Lunch paired with wines from the region will be included on each of your two touring days – one at a fabulous Michelin-starred gem.
- Friday, November 15, a free day to explore Beaune, with passes to enjoy Beaune’s most famous cultural and historic sites, including the Hospice de Beaune, Burgundy Wine Museum, and Musée des Beaux-Arts.
- Saturday, November 16, the weekend festivities begin! Beaune will be transformed into a “party town” for the weekend. Watch the start of the semi-marathon (or perhaps even choose to participate!), taste Burgundy’s delicacies – everything from escargot to foie gras – at Le Village Bourgogne, even do some early holiday shopping from artisans displaying their hand-crafted wares on Rue de Lorraine.
- The big day arrives on Sunday, November 17, when you will experience the glorious celebration of the 159th Hospice to Beaune wine auction, with events including the induction of the honorary auction chairpersons into La Confrérie de Belnus, followed by the folklore parade. In the afternoon, we will gather at the Place de la Halle to follow the excitement as the wine auction gets under way.
- Sunday evening, you will be transported to the famous wine village of Pommard for a celebration dinner at the home of Carolyn and Ken, featuring wines from their private cellar.
- Following breakfast on Monday morning, your private driver will arrive to transport you back to Paris, for your final night at the Hotel Opera Cadet.
And of course, Carolyn and Ken, your personal cultural interpreters, guides, and Burgundy “locals” will be on hand to provide you with an insider’s experience, unlike any other!
Contact us today to reserve your space. We hope you will join us!
Please get in touch with us to learn more about this unique experience, and about how you, too, might participate with YK2B and “Vintage Albuquerque” in purchasing a barrel of wine at this historic event.